Damson Wood Nursery & Infant School
Woodies Childcare is a daycare setting providing provision for before and after school, wraparound and holiday club for children aged 3 – 11 years.
Our childcare provision is also open to children aged 2-4 years old during term-time only offering both funded and non-funded places. We can offer a range of flexible hours to suit your needs so please contact us for more information or to arrange a visit.
We also offer 30 hours provision for children aged 3 years in a range of flexible options to suit your needs.
Our before school session opens from 7.45am, Woodies staff escort the children to school at the beginning of each school day.
After school starts from 3.15pm, the staff collect the children from their class at the end of the school day or from a school activity club and return to Woodies.
Parent’s collection time is optional with Woodies closing at 6.00pm.
The children are provided with a snack and drink both before and after school.
Also after school at 5.15pm we provide the children with a light tea.
Woodies wraparound starts after school nursery and finishes at 3.15pm. This is open to all children aged 3 - 4 years.
If your child attends morning nursery they can come to Woodies for our lunch club, per hour or a full session (we offer flexible sessions to suit your needs).
Children that attend during lunchtime can book a hot meal or alternatively you can provide a packed lunch.
Children do not need to attend the school nursery to be able to come to Woodies.
We also offer 3 & 4 year old children either the universal entitlement of 15 hours as well as the extra 15 hours extended entitlement for some parents. Please check with a member of staff for any further information and/or availablity as this can vary.
Our topics and themes are aimed at supporting the school nursery planning and meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage. Woodies is a time for fun and enjoyment in a caring and homely environment. We have access to all the school play equipment, hall, library, playground and eco garden. We offer free play and child led activities. We also incorporate adult led activities, both individual and within a group indoors and outdoors.
Woodies holiday club is open to all children aged 3 – 11 years from 7.45am– 6.00pm, this can be dependant on demand and opening times may vary dependant on demand.
We currently offer full day care or a variety of flexible part-time play sessions .
Woodies is open all year except Bank Holidays and the 2 week Christmas period when we are closed.
Woodies Childcare are funded, offering free childcare places.
We are now providing childcare places for 2 year olds.
Caterpillars - bookings now being taken for funded and non-funded 2 year old children.
If you would like more information or know anyone that would benefit from this please contact Woodies on 0121 705 7745 or enquire at the main Damson Wood School office.
COMMENTS AND TESTIMONIALS FROM PARENTS:
End of Summer Parent/Carer survey - July 2015:
- "Staff are friendly, helpful and professional, happy to listen to any concerns"
- "I like consistency of staff for familiarity"
- "Children are kept safe at all times"
- "Staff are flexible and accommodating as much as possible"
- "Kind helpful staff who plan great activities and really care about the children"
- "We are really pleased with Woodies and would recommend to others"
Holiday Club questionnaire - September 2015:
- "Just wanted to thank you and all staff for the lovely holiday club that you organised this summer, both my children had a great time. All the days were planned very well and the variety of theme and activities were interesting and stimulating. I can imagine that a lot of thought and organisation has gone into the planning of a six week long holiday club! Don't know what I would do without Woodies, thank you".
- "My child enjoyed holiday club activities and was kept occupied/entertained at all times"
- "My child loved holiday club so much he was upset on the days he didn't attend"