Reception Home Learning
It is an important time for your child to begin a love of learning when they start school. Children who have begun this journey now go on to form and keep positive learning habits and attitudes. Your child's home learning at this stage should be 'little and often' and always with the encouragement and support of an adult. Your child will need a lot of praise and encouragement from you at this stage to make the learning both rewarding and successful.
You can help foster a love of learning by:
- reading together at least 5 times per week
- rehearsing 'tricky' sight words regularly throughout the week
- completing learning projects together
Experiences and memorable activities with your child will further enhance their learning. The table below is a guide to some enriching experiences linked to your child's learning in school.
Reception Wider Learning 2019
Years 1 and 2 Home Learning
Children progress well when they attend school regularly and when their family engages with their learning. You can help your child to foster a love of learning by:
- listening to your child read or by sharing a story together at least 5 times per week.
- rehearsing spellings orally and in writing regularly throughout the week.
- completing learning projects together.
If you would like to widen your child's home learning; please choose from the activities guidance outlined below for your child's year group.